1 - E-reputation fundamentals: corporate & personal
2 - Preparing for crisis, building a participating culture
Choose a project
3 - Crisis management plan | How online changed media cycle
4 - Managing reputation during crisis
5 - Social media crisis management | Crisis response
Deliver Capstone project written presentaton
6 - Conclusion – e-reputation & crisis management best practices
Projects oral presentation
The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has changed our world forever and has had a profound and rapid impact on higher education institutions across the world. If COVID-19 has taught us anything, it is that none of us can predict what lies ahead, in such a global world.
Data are abundant. Everywhere from the type of coffee you purchased today or the transportation ticket you used last month to your Google queries and your Instagram Likes and Shares from last week.
Although data are readily available to collect, it is not easy to manage or analyze it as well as to make appropriate interpretations to inform business decisions.
What we can foresee is that as a business leaders and executives, you will likely face other crises in the future with the need to manage data and systems.
What are the lessons you can learn from previous crises such as COVID-19? How do you prepare for a better response to future critical events, for your organization?
This course helps you to try how learn how thinking about it.
Suggested readingsCrisis Assessment, Intervention, and Prevention, 3rd edition
by Lisa Jackson-Cherry and Bradley T. Erford
Published by Pearson (January 17th 2017) - Copyright © 2018
10% - Participation
40% - Synthesis on a studied business case
50% - Projet + written/oral presentation
Presentations last 15 minutes each.
- E-reputation fundamentals : personal branding | corporate branding
- Reputational risks
- Track and measure e-reputation
- Measuring online reputation
- Impact of online on crisis management
- Building participatory culture
- Building participatory culture:
Harry Potter Alliance case study
- Glossier Case
- Preparing for a crisis
- Workshop: preparing CCP for Pressmium
- Online reputation management
- Building reputation through Social media management
- Preparing for social media crisis
- Online reputation mistakes : Nestle business case
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- Blizzard entertainment
- Banking on social media
- The Red Hen
- Mountain equipment co-op
- Domino's Pizza
- Planes, trains and social media
- United Breaks Guitars
The learning outcomes for this class are:
- Analyze: The students will be able to analyze the new trends of digital marketing strategy.
- Evaluate: The students will be able to evaluate the good canals and tools to develop a successful digital marketing strategy.
- Create: The students will be able to create digital marketing plans.
- Presenting the synthesis of a case of your choice during 5 minutes
- Writing a case of no more than 2 pages + no more than 2 pages for the teaching note
- The learner will need to create several accounts on social media platforms, curation platforms and other necessary websites. A familiar use of Internet is necessary.
- To be equipped with efficient business skills
- To be entrepreneurially-minded
- To be a project manager with a strategic overview